Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

30x30 Overview

I decided to join in on my college roommate's 30x30 wardrobe challenge currently going on at her blog, Animated Cardigan. What is 30x30, you ask? It's when you choose 30 items from your closet and only wear those 30 items over the course of 30 days. Rewearing the same items forces you to remix your clothes in ways that you may not have thought of before. It's a nice way to stretch your creativity and make use of clothing your already own, thus fighting against clutter. Kendi over at Kendi Everyday was the creator of the concept.

Everyone does 30x30 a little differently. I tried to pick a mix of items I wear all of the time and items I haven't worn in a really long time. I decided that since it's spring (unpredictable weather) and I am a librarian (hello, cliche), I did not include my cardigans in my 30x30. I almost always have a cardigan on me in case the library is particularly cold, but I do not always wear it. I'm going to plan my outfits sans cardigans, but may be forced to put one on if it's too chilly in the stacks.

Lastly, I wanted to apologize for the quality of some of the pictures. I was trying to keep two cats from escaping outside while I was taking these pictures, so the image quality suffered occasionally. Also, some of these items desperately need to be ironed, so I'll be sure to do that before I actually wear them :-).

So, without further ado:


Tops











Little Yellow Button (thrifted) | Old Navy | J. Crew (thrifted)











c/o T. J. Maxx | Neiman Marcus | J. Crew (outlet)











J. Crew (thrifted) | J. Crew (outlet)

Grey and pink t-shirts: American Eagle | Orange t-shirt: Target

Dressses











c/o Spotted Moth | c/o HauteLook | American Eagle











c/o HauteLook | H&M | American Apparel

Skirts











Gap (thrifted) | Horned Toad











Gap | J. Crew (thrifted)











Gap | Gap











Gap (outlet) | Old Navy (outlet)











Ralph Lauren (thrifted)

Jeans












Three pairs of American Eagle skinnies and a pair of Seven 7 bootcut (thrifted)

Looking forwarding to sharing my fashion revelations with you!

P.S. Here's a wrap up of all of my 30x30 outfits. If you'd like to see them individually, here you go:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 and 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 and 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30

1 comment:

  1. Yessssssss! I'm so excited you're doing this! I included cardigans in mine and now I feel really stupid doing that because it's been about 9 million degrees everyday. Unwise decision.

    ReplyDelete