|by linus_art via Flickr|
I got rid of:
- a box of tea that only had one teabag left in it (I used the teabag to make a cup of tea before I recycled the box)
- a compact of blush that I finally used up
- a pot of lipgloss that I've had since high school (seriously)
- 5 samples I had received in the mail that had been lying around for awhile
- a broken spray bottle that I finally got a replacement for
- a nearly empty bottle of hand soap that needed to be emptied into my soap dispenser
Compared to my initial 189 items, these 10 look measly, but progress is still progress, no matter how small.
I think that it is potentially just as important to work on getting rid of things as it is to actually get rid of them. For example, I have some containers of lotion that need to go, so I've been trying to remember to use them whenever I can. Also, I've been trying to finish a jigsaw puzzle and work through some really ancient crossword puzzle books so they can go out the door too. It's not possible to throw everything out immediately when you identify it as something you no longer what or need, so making it a priority to use up is crucial. Otherwise, it's just going to continue to sit there.
My grand total thus far: 199 items.