Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Things that I love: mug cakes

from babble.com
I don't know about you guys, but sometimes I want something sweet yet I don't want a lot of it. Since I live alone, if I bake a whole batch of cookies or a buy whole bag of candy, I'm the sole person to polish them off and sometimes (okay, always) that isn't pretty.

One of my favorite food blogs, Budget Bytes, posted about mug cakes a few months ago, but I didn't pay much attention at the time because I didn't have a microwave where I was living then. It wasn't until a few nights ago when I was craving something chocolatey, but not too chocolatey, that I thought back to mug cakes, realized I had all of the ingredients on hand, and gave the one on Budget Bytes a try.

This baby is good, especially if you're in the mood for peanut butter too. I began dreaming of a more chocolaty version though and stumbled upon a recipe for a mug brownie on Pinterest.  Yuuuum!

Two more mug recipes to try in the future: blueberry mug muffins and chocolate chip mug cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment