Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Link love

Hi, friends. Today is the first Saturday in a long time that I have not had to deal with schoolwork- yay! School starts up again next week, so my freedom is short lived. This is my second to last semester though, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I'd like to share a few things that I've come across over the last week or so:

I found this excerpt about mistakes from The Crown of Individuality by William George Jordan to be incredibly encouraging. I am going to add this book to the ever lengthening "to read" list.

Some more motivation has been had from a series of posts from The Simple Dollar, starting with this one, about the ten evils that prevent people from improving themselves and ways to overcome them.

Another very good looking graphic novel, Shortcomings, came across my radar and got added to the aforementioned "to read" list.

I finished reading The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest yesterday and was satisfied with the series' end. I was expecting to be left hanging more because I know the author had more books planned before his death. I  think I am going to start reading The Hobbit next because this nerd hasn't gotten around to reading the The Lord of the Rings yet and the boy just loves the series and can't wait for me to understand all of the LOTR references and jokes.

I finally got around to watching Mallrats today and I was quite underwhelmed. This is my third Kevin Smith movie and I'm afraid he just doesn't do it for me. I think I'm going to give Dogma a try and then give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment