Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mothers Grandmothers Day

I thought about it for awhile, hemmed and hawed, and finally decided that I am not going to get my mother a card or a gift nor call her on Mothers Day. I got both her and my grandma gifts last year and was only thanked by my grandma. To add insult to injury, my birthday was only a week or two after Mothers Day and my mother neglected, for the second year in a row, to acknowledge my birthday. So, forget it. I bought my grandma a Mothers Day card, a cute and awesome one at that, and will send that along to her, but I will not attempt to do anything for my mother this year.

I hate to do such a bitchy and petty thing, but I don't see why I should extend any sort of greeting towards someone I've barely talked to this past year and who doesn't appreciate anything I attempt to do to repair our relationship. I hate to do something that will pain my mother because I am not doing this out of spite or to cause her any kind of anguish. I am refraining because she hasn't been a mother to me and should not be acknowledged as one.

So, I've decided that I will celebrate my awesome, awesome grandma instead. I don't think I'll ever understand how such an amazing woman could have spawned a creature such as my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment