Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Link love

This morning, a mouse darted out of my toaster as I went to put a slice of bread in it for breakfast. I screamed and it hid behind the microwave. I put my cat on the counter, hoping it would smell it and catch it for me, but he was too interested in getting petted, so the mouse darted through a burner and into my stove instead. Sigh. Landlord's been called and the exterminator will be exterminating.

Here are some gems I came across this week on the interwebs:

This post about reflections on an 8th anniversary made me feel much better about my doubts and worries when it comes to relationships.

"Don’t let the negativity given to you by the world disempower you. Instead give to yourself that which empowers you." – Les Brown
The world will beat you down if you let it. Be strong and be kind to yourself.

I plan on making this zucchini quinoa lasagna very soon.

I've been listening to the Best New Dance Hits of Summer 2011 stream on NPR this week to keep me upbeat during work.

I'm currently reading The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, watching Mad Men, and will be watching The Sound of Music as soon as I'm done with this post (can you believe I've never seen it before?!).

No comments:

Post a Comment