Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Vulnerability

This video was brought to my attention today and everything about it is absolutely wonderful. I had never heard of this woman, Brene Brown, before, but I have a feeling that I could listen to her talk about anything for hours on end with unwavering attention.

When you do not allow yourself to be vulnerable, yes, you avoid some of the life's pains, but you also miss a lot of life's joys. My vulnerability is what got me into the situation with my mother, but my vulnerability is also what brought me some of my favorite life experiences. I have stopped being so vulnerable lately and I feel like maybe it's time to let more, the good and the bad, not just the neutral, in. Life will not be full, my heart will not be whole, without taking such risks.

"To feel this vulnerable means I'm alive."


No comments:

Post a Comment